Real-time RT-PCR test for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acids in various types of samples.
SARS-CoV-2 belongs to the β genus. COVID-19 is an acute respiratory infectious disease. People are generally susceptible. Currently, SARS-CoV-2 infected patients are the main source of infection; asymptomatic infected persons can also be an infectious source. According to current epidemiological research, the incubation period is 1-14 days, mostly 3-7 days. The main manifestations include fever, fatigue and dry cough. Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia, and diarrhoea are found in some cases.
This kit is used for the in vitro qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 in respiratory specimens, including oropharyngeal swabs, sputum, bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and nasopharyngeal swabs. The primer sets and the FAM-labeled probe are designed for the specific detection of the ORF1ab gene of SARS-CoV-2, the VIC-labelled probe for the N gene of SARS-CoV-2. The human RNase P gene extracted simultaneously with the test sample provides an internal control to validate the nucleic acid extraction procedure and the integrity of the reagent. The probe directed to the human RNase P gene is labelled with CY5.
- Hot Start PCR: high specificity
- Detection Target: N and ORF1a genes
- OneStep PCR: multiple targets in a single reaction
- Reliable system: RNase P internal control
- Easy to use master mix – simply add template and primer/probe mix
- Fast detection: 75-minute amplification
- Sample Type: Bronchoalveolar Lavage (BAL), Nasopharyngeal, Oropharyngeal, Nasal, Sputum
The kit is used for the in vitro qualitative detection of the 2019-nCoV novel coronavirus ORF1ab/N/S gene in respiratory specimens, including oropharyngeal swabs, nasopharyngeal swabs, sputum, and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and to perform mutation typing in N501Y.
The kit adopts the ARMS method, takes the S gene of the new coronavirus (2019-nCoV) as the target region, designs the specific primers and probes of N501Y, the FAM-tagged probe is designed for the specific detection of the VIC-tagged probe of wild type for mutant type, ROX-labeled probe for ORF1ab and N gene, CY5-labeled probe for human RNase P gene as an internal control. Mutation typing in N501Y is performed according to the difference (⊿ Ct) between the mutant Ct value (VIC channel) and the wild-type Ct value (FAM channel) reported by the PCR instrument.
- Applied BiosystemsTM 7500 Rapid Real-Time PCR System
- Applied BiosystemsTM 7500 Real-Time PCR System
- Bio-Rad CFX96TM IVD Real-Time PCR System
- QuantStudioTM 5 real-time PCR system
- Possibility of adaptation to other thermal cyclers